LOLS projects are managed by FCiências.ID.
In some particular cases, FCUL can also be directly responsible for the management of R&D and service contracts.
In the case of European Union programmes, FCUL is considered as a third party with respect to FCiências.ID.
ASSOCIATED R&D UNITS
LOLS researchers are also affiliated to other R&D units, therefore enabling optics and photonics challenges, in space sciences and biological and biomedical engineering, to be tackled:
- Institute of Astrophysics and Space Sciences (IA)
- Institute of Biophysics and Biomedical Engineering (IBEB)
- BioSystems & Integrative Sciences Institute (BioISI)
- Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry (DQB).
PHOTONICS APPLICATION AREAS [LOLS projects (22-2-2013) (pdf, 7.2 MB)]
Space (civil and military) and Astrophysics
- Optical Navigation of satellites
- Optical Metrology for satellite formation flying and instrument internal metrology
- Instrument processors and instrument simulators
- Optical Security
- Security of infrastructures
- Simulation for training in defence systems
- Battle Lab
Metrology and Quality
- Primary Metrology of vibrations
- Applied length metrology
Equipments for Industry and Services
- Industrial tools and systems, space, defence, printing, culture, cartography, environment
- Laser processing of materials
- Optical methods for surface analysis
- Optical characterization of materials
- Light propagation in media
(ST)3 - Spatio-Temporal SysTem STudies
- Applications in Epidemiology